Volvo Trucks’ Live Test campaign and The Epic Split picked up top prizes at the ‘world cup of advertising’ in Cannes. In all, the campaign – demonstrating innovations of the new truck range – received 20 awards, including eight gold prizes and two prestigious Grand Prix in categories Cyber and Film.
During the spring, Volvo Trucks’ Live Test campaign has won several top awards in advertising competitions worldwide. With 37,000 competition entries from all over the world, Cannes Lions counts as one of the most important advertising competitions globally. It awards creativity in communication and winners are selected by 300 top-level names in the industry.
„It is of course especially satisfying that our Live Test campaign is praised in such a global arena and in direct competition with the largest consumer companies in the world. It shows the exceptional nature of the campaign, that films about trucks – only distributed online – receive this type of recognition. We have shown that we can produce world-class communication about business-to-business products,“ says Per Nilsson, Director Public Relations at Volvo Trucks.
The campaign includes six Live Test videos for YouTube, which demonstrate the innovative features of the new truck series in spectacular ways. The Epic Split with Jean-Claude Van Damme is the video that has had the greatest impact with more than 74 million views on YouTube.
Cannes lions to the campaign
– Grand Prix in Cyber
– Grand Prix in Film
– Gold in Film/Craft
– 3 Gold in Cyber
– Gold in PR
– Gold in Direct
– Gold in Promo & Activation
– Gold in Integrated
– Silver in PR
– Silver in Titanium
– 2 Silver in Media
– 3 Silver in Film/Craft
– 2 Bronze in Cyber
– Bronze in Film/Craft
Reach of the campaign
– The videos have more than 100 million views on YouTube and have been shared nearly 8 million times.
– There have been over 20,000 reports about the videos in the media worldwide.
– It is estimated that this degree of publicity represents 126 million euros (172.6 million USD) in earned media value.
– According to a survey, almost half of the truck buyers who have seen the launch videos say that it is now more likely that they would choose Volvo the next time they purchase a truck.
– The Epic Split is the most watched automotive ad ever on YouTube, with more than 73 million views.
– The day after its release, The Epic Split was the most shared video in the world.